Participation Guidelines and Application Details
Participants commit to a series of six meetings, each approximately three hours, between October 2022 and March 2023. Since this is a learning community, participants are expected to prepare for and engage actively in each session. Fellows are required to attend every meeting. The meetings are scheduled for the following Fridays from 12pm–3p.m., and will be conducted both remotely and in person (alternating).
- October 21, 2022 (in person)
- November 18, 2022 (remote)
- December 16, 2022 (remote)
- January 13, 2023 (in person)
- February 10, 2023 (remote)
- March 10, 2023 (in person)
- Additionally, Public Scholarship Faculty Fellows are asked to complete one public-facing blog post (or equivalent communication opportunity) about their engaged scholarship, for publication on the Public Scholarship and Engagement website.
- Public Scholarship Faculty Fellows who complete the program and required blog post will receive a one-time award of $1,000 in an Academic Enrichment Fund (AEF). AEF guidelines are provided here.
UC Davis is committed to making its programs accessible to persons with disabilities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with information regarding any requested accommodations or include the information in the program application.
The selection criteria include: a well-conceived plan for a project focused on publicly engaged scholarship, a specific plan for goals and outcomes, and how the PSFF program is likely to help the Fellow pursue their goals.
Examples of clear deliverables or outcomes that Fellows may pursue during the Faculty Fellows program include but are not limited to:
- writing of public scholarship focused manuscript in an academic or professional journal
- writing of a book chapter, book proposal, or similar
- planned public exhibition, performance,
- writing for public audiences
All application materials must be submitted via this link by May 20, 2022. Applicants will be notified of their application status by June 5, 2022.