Join the Collaborative
If you are UC Davis faculty or staff who is engaging communities in your work or are interested in connecting with other community-engaged practitioners and scholars, then we invite you to join the Community Engagement Collaborative.
As a land-grant institution, UC Davis has a long history of engaging with communities for the advancement of the greater good. This type of engagement happens at various levels: from individuals pursuing or supporting research and learning in concert with their communities to multidisciplinary academic programs, centers, institutes, and community-based organizations working together to tackle societal issues. This engagement spans across all academic disciplines and campus location and reaches into local, regional, state, national and global communities. The Community Engagement Collaborative is an extension of this work, but organized in a collectively powerful way.
Vision & Values
The Community Engagement Collaborative is a community of practice for university faculty and staff actively working with external communities with the purpose of growing UC Davis’ capacity as an institution committed to the public good.
We believe in the value and imperative of community engagement that
- starts from a place of listening to understand,
- is fundamentally respectful and mutually beneficial, and
- builds off community and institutional strengths to maximize impact
Led by a steering committee of leaders from across the university, the Collaborative seeks to support community engagement efforts at the individual and institutional level by providing a gathering space to learn from and with each other. The Collaborative seeks to coordinate efforts and develop synergistic partnerships; recognizing that we are stronger together when we work together
The Collaborative provides virtual and (eventually) in-person gathering spaces and resources to help support, improve and grow your community-engaged work and break through silos that limit our impact. If you’re interested in learning more or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or join the Collaborative today!
- Bethney Bonilla, Clinical Research Analyst, Center for Healthcare Policy and Research
- Khoban Khochai, Director, Anchor Institution Mission and Culture/Climate, Office fore Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Brandon Louie, Community Engagement Coordinator, Center for Regional Change
- Jill Lopez-Rabin, Senior Project Manager, Center for Reducing Health Disparities
- Anna Rosenbaum, Program Coordinator, Perinatal Origins of Disparities (POD) Center
- Sara Schremmer, Program and Outreach Manager, Policy Institute for Energy, Environment, and the Economy
- Stacey Muse, Director of Engagement, Office of Public Scholarship and Engagement
- Elizabeth Vasile, Director, Health Equity Resources & Outreach (HERO) Program, UC Davis Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC)
If you are interested in joining the Steering Committee, please email Stacey Muse at email@example.com.